By Dr Charles Margerison
Psychologist and Founder of Imagineland
In Imagineland, early learners find stories set to music that help them. It is a wonderful virtual world, where early learners can be inspired, and have fun.
Once little ones enter Imagineland, which has been listed by the KidSafe Seal program, they meet original animal characters, who become friends and share their stories and experiences.
– Roley Poley is a mole filled with confidence and perseverance, who tells everyone that he is a champion at rolling down hills. He encourages everyone to get involved and, of course, the Imagineland children want to beat his record. The big question is, can they do it?
– Deedely Dee is a caring mother duck out looking for healthy food to feed her family. The Imagineland kids go on a journey with her. The question is, what do you think they will find?
– Hairy Herby is an insect, passionate about his habitat and protecting the environment. Hairy Herby shows the Imagineland kids how to become caretakers of the environment.
– Fuzzy Wuzzy, a bright colourful bear, can be found in the Imagineland forest. At times he can be a bit lonely and sad. Thanks to the Imagineland kids, Fuzzy Wuzzy is introduced to a new group of friends who include him in their games.
– Ace the Horse is calm, kind and considerate. He puts everyone that he meets at ease. No matter who you are, or where you are from you have a friend in Ace.
The many diverse stories in Imagineland assist young learners to understand important issues, like friendship, kindness, loneliness and inclusivity. They also ignite curiosity about staying safe and how to protect the environment.
All of the Imagineland stories are set to engaging, singalong songs with lyrics. The music of each story has been written to capture the imagination, so early learners can develop their understanding of sounds and the meaning of words. In particular, the stories inspire our youngest learners to develop their conversational skills, as they talk about what they have seen and experienced.
Dr Charles Margerison founded Imagineland based on the stories he originally created for his grandchildren, Amy, Alex, Dan and Sofia. Their father was born in Asia, and their mother in Europe. So, the four siblings developed and understanding of western and eastern cultures. The stories reflect key issues of friendship, kindness, safety, courage and fun which apply to all countries and communities.